Saturday, May 5, 2007

Simple Card or Stationary Holder

Sorry it took me so long to get going on this but I finally did it! My MIL is 92 and doesn't get out much to buy cards so I always try to come up with a different idea to provide her cards & somehow to hold them. I am giving this to her for Mother's Day, filling it with cards & she also gets a bouquet of flowers.
For this you will need a piece of cardstock cut at 6" x 9", decorative paper and/or stamps, a SU! 6x6 page protector, bone folder(which I forgot to put in the picture), scissors, velcro dots, glue or adhesive and ribbon.


I cut the piece off that had the holes being careful not to cut the seam.











I scored my 6X9" piece of cardstock at 2 3/4" .



I slid the cardstock into the sleeve and put the velcro dots which were stuck together on the flap & then closed the flap so the bottom velcro dot stuck to the sleeve. It is just easier that way.


When I opened it back up this is what it looks like .




I cut a piece of decorative at 5 1/2 x 5 1/4 for the inside, slid the cardstock out to position it and glued it in place. Then cut a piece for the outside of the flap, decorated it & it is done. Hope that makes sense. The verse I used is from SU Easy Elegance. All supplies were SU! except my glue and velcro.




No comments: