Sunday, April 15, 2007

Paper Flower Tutorial

This is a long tutorial but I wanted to make sure I gave you as much info as possible so you didn't have any questions. If you do feel free to email me and I will try to answer any questions you have.
The supplies you will need are:
Tray of some sort, I used a cookie sheet, 2 different colors of cardstock, 2 different size circle punches, water, coordinating ink pad, floral wire, floral tape, wire cutters and a spray bottle of water.








Punch 5 circles for each flower. You can mix & match the circles.











Ink the edges of each cirlce with coordinating ink, I recommend a deeper shade than the cardstock.











Spray the circles & flip to get both sides.













Wad the circles into balls to give a crinkled look.











Cut floral wire( any small gauge wire will do) about 12" long. One for each flower.













Unfold each circle as you go. Each circle will be an individual petal. Start by rolling the 1st petal tightly.










This is what the 1st petal should look like.












Pinch the 2nd thru 5th petals at the base, start forming the flower by offsetting the 2nd petal around the 1st petal.









This is what your flower should look like after adding the 2nd petal.













After 3rd petal.












When all 5 petals have been added you should have a flower that looks like this.











Take your wire & at the base of the flower start wrapping it around the flower several times leaving about 4-5 inches of wire.









This is how it should look.












If you have never worked with floral tape it helps if you stretch it as you pull. It becomes sticky when stretched and holds better. Start at the base of the flower & wrap around in a downward motion so your stem is covered as well as the base of the flower.

I have found if you fold the end of the stem back to the base of the flower so your wire is doubled it makes for a sturdier stem.










Here are my 5 flowers.












I have taken 2 pieces of ribbon & folded a piece of wire around them.









Here I twisted the wire & then covered it with floral tape as well.












I then used crystal effects to hit just the tips of the flowers & sprinkled with dazzling diamonds.











Complete project. I used Scotch glue to adhere my flowers to the top of a business card tin I got from www.just4funcrafts.com .


















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is just gorgeous! :D Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I will have to try these sometime. Thank you so much for this tutorial.

Paula said...

Now I have to go and purchase floral tape just so I can try these flowers. They are awesome.
Thanks for taking the time to show us how this is done.

samantha4055 said...

this looks like a neat idea thanks ..now i got to go make some :)