Saturday, August 23, 2008

RAK"D

I received a RAK from Kim Hughes. I was totally delighted & surprised. She has quite a resume . She sent me a business size envelope full of flowers so I am sending her this little cupcake card as a thank you. I used the SU! cupcake stamp for a pattern. The cupcake on the outside of the envelope opens as well as the card itself. I had to use Kim's strawberry from her set "Hugs & Kisses" . Thanks again Kim!

Dawn Griffith inspired this card. She received a swap with the idea at convention but didn't get the name of the stamper who came up with the idea. Her picture is on Dawn's blog so you can go check her out. I used a retired SU! punch for the hair and the 1 3/8 circle punch for nose & eyebrows. The stitching is a TAC stamp and the textured background is from a Fiskers embossing plate. Fun & quick card to make. Thanks Dawn for posting this cute little Frankie.

This is the last class in my Digi: In Deep class with Jessica Sprague . Jessica has a way of making you include yourself in a layout. This class was a "This is me" class. We had to take a picture of ourselves holding our finger up in a mirror. She taught us to blur everything but our focal point which was our finger. I love how she thinks when she is doing a layout because I probably never would have included myself in a layout like this on my own. I am sad to see this class come to an end, even though I am not done with the 3rd weeks assignment. The nice thing about it is I will always have access to watch the video tutorials & class materials forever. I do not have to feel pressured to complete this right now but to do it as I have time. Can't wait for the next session! Thanks Jessica for all your inspiration & my new found love of digiscrapping.

I am now going to get ready to go on a date with my DH of almost 35 years....we are going to a Diamondback game. Hope you all have a inspiring, prosperous week ahead!

1 comment:

Patty Williams said...

That owl is awesome!!

Love Frankie too!j