Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Love the added touch

DH gave me flowers for Mother's Day, he decided the flowers he gave me needed a pick me up so he went to the garden & picked 3 onions that went to seed and added them to my bouquet. I love the added touch. They do not smell like onions either and really are beautiful. My DD said when she gets married we need to plant some onions in time for them to go to seed so she can make her bridal bouquet out of them.
Here is a close up of one of the onion tops that went to seed. Pretty huh!
Wanted to show you what I did for my neighbors 46th birthday. She drives a tractor on golf courses and likes to suck on suckers so I thought this was a great gift plus it was fun giving her a little poke for growing older. In case you can't read it it says "46 Sucks". She is still younger than me so I didn't want to gouge her too much. LOL Hope your day is prosperous & happy!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

OMGoodness, I can just hear her! You come up with the cutest ideas.
Your husbands touch was a great idea also!

Sam Hartford said...

So this is what you've been up to!! I've been wondering what creations you were making. Good job! Beautiful
Love ya, Sam