Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cased Easter Egg Box


I loved the egg box that Nichole Heady did on her blog. Her stamp set Just Hatched just makes this box. PaperTreyInk has them in stock too.

Nichole said the boxes took paint well so I did a light wash using a metallic gold paint. I love how it has a little glimmer to it in the light. Hobby Lobby has a paper sale(5 for a $1) going on this week and I picked up the paper there. I used large polka dots on the lining of the box and the top inside of the box. The small polka dots are on the inside bottom and on the inside edges of the top as well as on the box itself. I faux stitched the sides and used a Sakura glittery gel pen for the "thread".






I found that the organdy polka dot ribbon was easier to work with than the grosgrain ribbon. I also found if you ran a small stretch of Tombow on the center only of the ribbon it stuck to the egg and was easier to tie & it helped it stay in place. The eggs are filled with starburst jelly beans. I had so much fun making this I ordered some more boxes. I also love the fact that the "egg" tray slides up or down so you can use it at the top of the box or down low. I will post the next one too. Thanks for peeping in.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous and so elegant!

Kari said...

Seriously? This is adorable!!! What a perfect idea for an Easter giftie ;)

Rachele Funk said...

I ordered 6 of these! I just can't wait to get them! Love what you did with yours and how simply beautiful it turned out!