Friday, August 3, 2007

Finally able to take some time to post!!!

This is a card I sent in for a bookmark submisson call that obviously didn't make the cut. the corner piece slips off so it can be kept for a bookmark.



I used all SU! supplies to make it, the stamp set is Delight in Life and the paper was from a kit that is now discontinued.














This cute little thank you card is from my SIL. I believe the bee stamp is from Stampendous. She used a cuttlebug embossing folder for the background. Thanks Deb!


















On Wednesday I was able to join my friends for a stamp session and Carolyn came up with this cute little Halloween card. On her card she put crystal effects but since it would take too long to dry I decided to use glitter pens to give the pumpkins some sparkle. The background is also from a cuttlebug embossing folder and I am not sure who the stamp is by. Thanks Carolyn for the cute card....one more done for the grand kids!





We had a wonderful time in Oregon. The Mail Boat Ride was a blast. We saw wild turkey's, deer, osprey, otters, a turtle, a baby blue heron that fell out of it's nest but the parents were close by to feel and watch over it. Bald eagles, golden eagles, hornet's nest, swallows still in the nest, a black flash which we were told was a bear but the only bears were saw were these two sleeping on the picnic table. LOL The bear in the white shirt is my BIL and my ole bear is sleeping on the other bench.


This pic is the bend in the river but it looks like the river stops. It was so beautiful up there, we went over rapids that were category 4 and lower. Yes we got wet. My SIL sat in a spot that she was soaked to the bone several time. I can honestly saw my jaws ached from laughing so much.






This doe just laid there unafraid of us as we inched closer & closer. She never did get up.



















These black eyed Susan's were at the Roseburg visitors center. They were so brilliant I had to take their picture.















I just loved this carving so naturally I had my SIL take a pic of DH and myself. We were at the Trees of Mystery in Klamath, Ca. There were so many MASSIVE trees there and it was just beautiful,


















Here my SIL and I are in front of a tree that is called the Brotherhood tree. Just a lot of fun.
Glad to be back. My posting for the next couple of weeks will be sporadic, DH is going in for surgery on Tuesday the 7th and then will be off for at least 2 weeks. Oh and my youngest daughter informed me that She and Steven are getting married on November 3rd at our home ....3months away so I will be crazy I am sure planning for a wedding. Steven believes he will be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan so they want to get married before he has to go.....Soooo you will have to bear with me as we embark on that journey.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Hey, who is that sexy couple--NO NO I am not talking about the two sleeping beauties but the cutie pies by the I Love You Tree! How cute!! Oh MOM,, Could you please make me one of those cute book marks for your oldest daughter with hardly any creative stamping juices running through her body?! I loved it, loved it, loved it! How's Dad doing--send him my love, our love, love for our amazing Boppa not to mention his cute wife!
Luv ya--Me